Friday 30 April 2010

Year 13 - Deforestation

The main website that I want you to have a look at before Tuesday is the RGS's 21st Century Challenges. There is lots on the site that is of interest, but your particular focus at the moment should be on the Razing the Rainforests section. There are three talks/video clips that I'd like you to watch, and links to lots of news articles. From the information there, the booklets I gave you this morning, the textbooks and any other sites you come across (there are hundreds... one I've found to be fairly good is Mongabay...) I'd like you to come to Tuesday's lesson prepared to talk about causes and impacts of deforestation, and with your views about the sustainability of tropical rainforest development.

I'm not posting the video I showed you here (for hopefully obvious reasons!) but it, and lots of other useful and interesting videos, is on www.green.tv.

No comments: