Sunday 9 September 2007

Reading...

A quick reminder of some of the reading I suggested...

Obviously if you are reading this, you are on the right track already. Don't forget about Geogtastic as well.

Another blog that you should pay regular visits to is Val Vannet's HigherGeogBlog. Val is a geography teacher in Scotland, so the course that she teaches is not quite the same as ours, but there is plenty of overlap in terms of the content.


I also mentioned Geography Review - a magazine written specifically for AS and A2 Geography students, with articles about key topics, fieldwork, exams advice, useful websites, etc. It is published 4 times a year, and if you order through school it will cost you £12.50 for the year.

I have a fair few copies that you have have a look at (including from when I did my A levels!) and we will sort out an order next week.


The book I mentioned was the Complete A-Z Geography Handbook. There is no obligation to buy this, or any other book, but if you do want to get hold of a copy, there are a few second-hand ones on Amazon at the moment and a couple of copies on that well-known auction site!



No comments: